St Tiernan’s Community School is committed to providing the best facilities to our students. The Board of Management seeks constantly to upgrade and develop the school. In line with this commitment to upgrading, we are currently in the middle of our new sports hall being constructed. We hope to see its completion in early 2023.
We have a wide range of facilities in the school:
- 1 medium-sized hall with a stage and speaker system.
- 4 fully-equipped computer rooms with high-speed broadband.
- 2 fully-equipped kitchens.
- 2 fully-equipped science labs.
- 1 art room.
- 1 pottery room with pottery wheels and kiln.
- 1 language classroom.
- 1 library.
- Lecture theatre/cinema room.
Recent investment has also been made to the construction practical department which has resulted in the following resources being deployed:
- State of the art newly equipped preparation area.
- New CNC Machine (here at the end of Oct) similar to the image below. It’s for engraving, bespoke work and very accurate machining.
- 12 x wood-turning lathes (6 of these are new).
- 10 x SIP Scroll saws (see picture – small grey machine).
- 6 x large new 4-person woodwork benches to aid collaboration.
- New band saws (see picture – tall grey machine).
- Scroll saw.
- Metalwork :
- 3x new Colchester lathes (very high spec).
- New hand tools overall.
- Vacuum former.
- Strip heaters.
- Magnetic bending machines.
- x2 new 3d printers.
- x24 new Solidworks spec computers.
- 75″ Interactive touch screen to aid students with spatial development.